Happy St. Paw-trick’s Day!
In honor of the greenest day of the year, here are some fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your pup in tow.
- Try out these Homemade Dog Treats: we’ve got the recipes for ‘Green Juice’ Gluten-Free Dog Treats, Doggie Green Bean Crunchies, and McMochi’s Pot O’ Gold Dog Biscuits.
- Serve the treats up with a cold one – yep, they make beer for dogs, completely nonalcoholic and non-toxic, created with dog digestion in mind.
- For gifting, go all out with a special Homemade St Patrick’s Day Dog Cookie basket or make your own with Patrick’s Day Puppermint Dog Treats.
Hit the Town
- Check to see if your town celebrates St. Paddy’s with a pet-friendly parade! Alexandria’s St. Patrick’s Day parade turned out with some very happy pooches (and a couple cats!). Detroit included rescue organizations like the Pit Stop for Change, Rescue and Rehabilitation, and Hairy Houdini Siberian Husky Rescue in the festivities.
- If your town doesn’t have a pet parade, there are plenty of parties that cater to pups, from Eureka Springs, AR to Seattle, WA.
- As always, make sure your dogs (and cats) are safely inside should you be amongst rowdy revelers.
- Of course do not give your pet any alcohol
- If you’re having a party, advise guests that there is a pet present and please don’t feed ‘em!
Take a Picture!
If you dress up your pup, be sure to Instagram the little leprechaun and use #gohealthypaws to be featured.