The Senior Paw Project at Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary
With Healthy Paws’ support of the Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary, we are shining a light on their mission of kindness and hope to animals in memory of Catherine Violet Hubbard. The organization was created to honor the life of the little girl who was an animal lover and gentle spirit, and who sadly was killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 (find out more about their organization here). Through local rescue support, outreach, adoption events and an expanding foster network, the Sanctuary is working to make a difference for animals and the people who care for them.
One facet of their remarkable nonprofit is “The Senior Paw Project” where CVH Animal Sanctuary works to keep pets with their senior pet parents should an unexpected financial or health crisis occur. By honoring that special bond between caregivers and their pets, the Senior Paw Project steps in to assist senior humans and their animals when that relationship is in jeopardy by providing:
- Emergency foster placement for animals at risk of surrender due to caregiver illness, hospitalization or relocation
- Medical support including veterinary care, medicine and transportation assistance
- Pet food and supplies to those struggling to feed their pets
- Access to a safe foster network to give senior animals temporary and loving homes until permanent placement
Additionally, while The Senior Paw Project works to keep these special animals out of the shelter and in the loving homes they deserve, they also support senior pet adoptions with the following:
- Adoption fee reimbursement for adopting senior pets from shelters (matching seniors to seniors)
- Foster forums and training workshops at senior centers
- Food, supplies and transportation support to active senior citizen fosters
Every year, over 7 million animals enter shelters across the country. For senior pets, their residence in a caged environment remains four times longer than their younger counterparts. By actively supporting senior pet adoptions as well as senior human pet needs, CVH Animal Sanctuary is spreading awareness about these animals and their humans, taking an active investment in both senior pets and senior citizens.
To be considered for services or to learn more, you can contact CVH Animal Sanctuary at: email@example.com or by calling: 866-620-8640. To become a foster, please complete the foster home application and mail to CVH Animal Sanctuary, PO Box 3571, Newtown, CT 06470 or attach it to an email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Healthy Paws Foundation was started in 2009 and it has helped hundreds of pet rescues and animal shelters by providing grants to help fund medicine, food, shelter, and operating costs. Through our Every Quote Gives Hope™ grant program, the foundation has donated over $700,000 to deserving shelters and rescues. Click to find out more on how we help homeless pets.