Our pet insurance plan is designed to protect you and your pet from unexpected illnesses and injuries. It does not cover the following areas of care.
- Pre-existing conditions
- Preventative or routine care
- The office visit fee (veterinary exam fee)
A pre-existing condition means that the condition first occurred or showed clinical symptoms before your pet's coverage started (including waiting periods). Our pet insurance protects you against future conditions, and unfortunately no pet insurance company can cover pre-existing conditions.
If your pet has cruciate ligament surgery on one knee prior to enrollment, treatment on the opposite cruciate ligament is considered a pre-existing condition. Cruciate ligament problems are the only bilateral exclusion on our policy, unlike many other pet insurance companies that exclude most bilateral conditions (a condition that can occur on both sides of the body).
Preventative Care Exclusions
Our plan does not cover:
- Spaying and neutering.
- Preventive healthcare including vaccinations or titer test, flea control, heartworm medication, de-worming, nail trim, and grooming.
- Parasite control including but not limited to internal and external parasites for which readily available prophylactic treatments are available.
- Dental health care, however if injury to teeth is caused by an accident, we do cover the cost of extractions of damaged teeth and of reconstruction of upper and lower canine teeth.
- Anal gland expression.
about our unlimited lifetime benefits, amazing customer service, and mission to save more homeless pets. Our smart and affordable pet insurance plan is the #1 Customer-Rated Plan at Pet Insurance Review.