furry friend by getting a free quote.
Pet Insurance Coverage and Benefits
Protect your pet with Healthy Paws and give your dog or cat the best medical care while protecting your bank account from unexpected, and expensive, veterinary bills. Our affordable plan starts as low as $15 for cats and $25 for dogs.
What Does Pet Insurance Cover?
Pet insurance is designed to cover unexpected accidents and illnesses, including emergencies, hereditary or congenital conditions, cancer, and chronic conditions. No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions, and most plans do not cover wellness visits like annual exams or teeth cleaning.
Healthy Paws offers unlimited lifetime benefits with no claim limits. You can visit any licensed veterinarian and Healthy Paws will reimburse you based on the actual veterinary bill.
Why choose Healthy Paws?
- One Plan. Four Paws. All Covered™. We offer one easy-to-understand pet health insurance plan covering everything that matters including injuries, illnesses, genetic conditions, and emergency care.
- Unlimited Benefits. No Caps on Claims. Healthy Paws is the only pet insurance company that offers unlimited lifetime benefits with an annual deductible.
- Committed to Our Customers. Healthy Paws has earned a 9.8 out of 10 lifetime customer service rating based on over 2,000 consumer reviews! Our commitment to our customers is to provide unparalleled service and support, and access to the best pet insurance coverage in the country.
- Fast Claims with No Claim Forms. Our team of pet passionate, veterinary professionals work tirelessly to process most claims within 3-10 business days. Plus no claim forms and easy claim submittal using our mobile app!
- Every Quote Gives Hope™. Healthy Paws is a mission-driven company. Through our Foundation, we help homeless pets receive the medical care they need to get healthy and get adopted.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance coverage has no caps on payouts.
If your pet needs treatment for an accident or illness, and it’s not a pre-existing condition, you’re covered. It’s that simple.
- Hereditary Conditions
- Congenital Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Diagnostic Treatment
- X-Rays, Blood Tests, Ultrasounds
- Prescription Medications
- Emergency Care
- Specialty Care
- Alternative Treatment
Pet Insurance Exclusions
We're all about protecting your pet from unexpected accidents and illnesses and you from the financial problems their treatment may cause. Our pet insurance plan does not cover the following:
- Pre-existing conditions
- The examination fee
- Pre-existing cruciate ligament problems to one leg as respects the cost of future treatment for problems of the other leg. This is our only bi-lateral exclusion.
- Preventative care
- Spaying and neutering
- Preventive healthcare including vaccinations or titer test, flea control, heartworm medication, de-worming, nail trim, and grooming.
- Parasite control including but not limited to internal and external parasites for which readily available prophylactic treatments are available.
- Dental health care, however if injury to teeth is caused by an accident, we do cover the cost of extractions of damaged teeth and of reconstruction of upper and lower canine teeth.
- Anal gland expression.
We do not reimburse the costs, fees or expenses associated for elective procedures, boarding, behavioral modification, training, therapy or medications for behavioral modification. Please see our policy for more information on exclusions.
What is a pre-existing condition?
A pre-existing condition means that the condition first occurred or showed clinical signs or symptoms (there doesn't need to be a diagnosis) before your pet's coverage started, including waiting periods. Healthy Paws excludes pre-existing conditions from coverage as do all pet insurance companies.
Our Commitment to Our Customers
The Healthy Paws Pet Insurance plan is easy to understand, we reimburse quickly, and you can count on us to help, especially when it comes to reducing the stress of caring for a sick pet.
Our commitment is to provide you and your pet with the best customer service and best pet insurance plan in the country. We are grateful to our pet-passionate customers for sharing their love of our plan and service by giving us a 98% satisfaction rating at Pet Insurance Review!
Get an instant quote now and take the first step to protect your furry best friend.