7 Ways to Spoil Your Dog on Their Birthday
Happy birthday, dear pup! It’s your special day and you deserve to be treated like royalty. If your human isn’t sure how to celebrate, don’t worry—we’ve got them covered! Share this list of ideas to give your human some inspiration for ways to celebrate you.
- Spend extra time playing. Play fetch outside (or inside with a soft toy), hide treats around the house for your dog to sniff out, train a new trick, play tug-o-war, or any other activity you know your pup will enjoy.
- Make homemade treats. You don’t have to be a top chef to make something your dog will love. Try your hand at one of these 5 drool-worthy dog treat recipes.
- Explore a new place. Find a park you’ve never visited or a hike you haven’t done yet and take your dog on an adventure to experience new sights and smells.
- Buy them a new toy (or remind them of their favorite toy). Make a trip to the pet store to pick out something special for your pup. If your dog’s toy basket is already overflowing, dig out an old favorite that they may have forgotten about.
- Plan a play date. What better way to delightfully surprise your dog than with a meetup with their best pal? Even if it’s only been a day since they last saw each other, you know your dog will be full-body-wag happy about this reunion.
- Give a massage or extra belly rubs. This is a great way to bond and spend time together while reminding your pet just how much you love them. Plus, they’ll never turn down the chance to spend extra quality time with you!
- Commemorate the day with a photoshoot. Decorate a space with brightly wrapped boxes, colorful streamers and party hats for an Instagram-worthy backdrop, then have your dog unleash their inner model.
Which of these do you think is your dog’s favorite way to celebrate? You may just have to try all seven to find out!
If you want to give your dog the best care in case of an injury or illness, consider protecting your pup with pet insurance to help cover the costs of the unexpected. Start by getting a free quote.