Toilet Paper Tube Toy for Dogs and Cats
If you’ve been spending a lot more time at home with your pet lately, there are a few things that are likely true:
- You have empty toilet paper tubes
- Your pet is bored
Most of us are homebound more than usual which means the fridge is stocked and the toilet paper is stacked to the ceiling while we practice social distancing and reduce shopping trips. As you gradually deconstruct your toilet paper roll castle out of necessity, you’ll find that you are left with the empty cardboard toilet paper tubes. But don’t toss them in the recycle bin just yet!
With just an empty toilet paper tube, a pair of scissors and your dog or cat’s favorite treats, you can quickly and easily make a homemade puzzle toy for your pet. In minutes, you can offer your pet a fun, new toy without spending a dime.
How to make a toilet paper tube toy
1. Gather your supplies: toilet paper tube, scissors, and kibble or treats. Use scissors to make a cut about ¾ inch long down the end of the tube. Cut 3 or 4 more slits down the end of the tube to create “flaps”.
2. Fold in the flaps to close one end of the TP tube.
3. Cut slits on the other end of the TP tube.
4. Fill with kibble or treats.
5. Close the open end by folding in the flaps.
6. Give to your dog or cat!
For more quarantine entertainment ideas and other helpful information, view our list of COVID-19 resources for pet parents.